Oh, before you continue...
Why don't you subscribe to our weekly content digest and stay up-to-date on everything HR-Tech related? It's free!
1. Access your software anywhere in the world.Recruitment is a 24/7 job. When you’re trying to attract and retain the best talent, there are no consistent work hours – and no consistent location. You need to be available whenever your prospect needs you – or wherever they need you. However, if you’re operating in a hosted or on-premise recruitment software system, this can be severely limiting. If you’re at a conference, meeting a candidate off-site, or you’re just looking to get some work done out of the office, having an on-premise software system prevents you from accessing the important information you need. Not only does this make your job more difficult, but it could mean losing a top-level candidate to a competitor. A cloud-based recruitment software solution allows you to access what you need right when you need it – no matter where you are in the world. By simply logging into the platform from your laptop or even your smartphone, you can get the same content and information when you’re on the go. Whether you’re working from home or you’re away on a business trip, cloud-based recruitment solutions can allow you to work more efficiently everywhere you go.
2. Properly manage and control your data.As a recruiter, you’ve got names, numbers, resumes, and notes that you need to keep track of. Traditionally, you may store this information on your work computer or on an external drive. However, this can get messy. When your data is scattered all over the place, something is bound to get lost. And when things get lost, you lose top-level talent to your competitors. By taking advantage of cloud-based recruitment software, you can put all your data right in one place. A cloud-based recruitment tool will allow you to easily organize and access your data, regardless of where you are – meaning you no longer need to worry that you’ve misplaced a top candidate’s information. Having a properly organized system means you can easily access a candidate’s file and information, add new notes, brush up on their skills and accomplishments, or even move them to the next stage of the recruitment process.
3. Create seamless collaboration opportunities.Recruiting the right individual is a team decision. In order to get the right candidate in your open position, you need feedback and input from coworkers, managers, and team leaders. Not only do you need to make sure they’re the right fit for the job, they also need to be the right fit for the team. However, with on-premise recruitment tools, it can be challenging to get everyone up-to-date on the latest candidates. Cloud-based recruitment software solves these problems. When you use cloud-based recruitment software, your entire team can access the information they need whenever they need it. If you want a team member to check out a candidate, they can simply log in to the software application, take a look at the applicant’s profile, and let you know how they feel about his or her skills and work history. You can also be sure that all information is up-to-date. With cloud-based recruitment software, each team member can make notes, add points, or update content – ensuring everyone is always on the same, most recent page.
4. Integrate your recruitment tool with other systems.Your recruitment tool is often just one piece of a larger puzzle. In order to keep everything running as efficiently as possible, you want each piece to fit together seamlessly. Unfortunately, when you’re using outdated systems for storing candidate data and information, it can be difficult to transition from one step to the next. A cloud-based recruitment tool allows you to integrate your systems all into one place. By connecting your various platforms and tools through a cloud-based recruitment software solution, each system can “speak” to one another – sending data, updates, and information to each platform. This can help you keep everything up-to-date while making smooth transitions throughout the recruitment and hiring process. The Harver platform integrates with all major applicant tracking software, allowing your new prospects to move seamlessly to the next step. These system and tool integrations can reduce the number of prospects falling through the cracks. When candidates can easily move into your applicant tracking system, your entire recruitment cycle is optimized – eventually helping you put the best talent into your open position.
5. Get more bang for your buck.On-premise recruitment software can get expensive. When you need to pay by the user or by space, you can end up paying high fees that aren’t sustainable for smaller businesses with tight budgets. You need to cover the price of the software, the maintenance of that software, and even administrators to make sure everything is running smoothly. Not only that, but you’ll need to pay additional (license) fees each time a new upgrade is released. However, cloud-based recruitment software offers a cost-effective alternative for everyone. A cloud-based recruitment tool for instance typically operates on an annual or monthly (subscription) fee, but with much more included in that cost. Not only do you have access to the vendor company’s support team, automatic upgrades to the software and platforms will be included in your annual cost. These lower costs make high-powered, cloud-based software much more accessible to small businesses, allowing them to be more competitive in their recruiting.
Cloud-based software has considerable cost advantages compared to an on-premise system.
6. Customize a unique experience.Every recruiter, team, and company has different needs. When you’re working with a rigid (on-premise) system, this can make it difficult for you to find what you really need in a candidate. Unfortunately, this can lead to poor hiring decisions and a high turnover. In order to ensure you’re getting the right individual in your open position the first time around, you want to work with a customizable recruitment software solution. Cloud-based recruitment software allows you to create and maintain an entirely unique experience. When you can get your software to focus on the most important priorities for you and your team – in terms of the skills and personality traits you’re looking for in a candidate for instance – you can concentrate on finding the best candidates for your open position.
With cloud-based recruitment software, you can build a customized process that exactly fits your needs.
7. Easy implementation for a smooth transition.Any kind of downtime can be costly for your business. Making the transition to a new server or software solution can be a scary move, especially if it means your recruiting team will need to get adjusted to new processes. However, cloud-based recruitment software is easy to implement – getting your team back up and running as quickly as possible. With a cloud-based service, you don’t have long software installation times because updates simply are automated. Instead, you can simply set up your account and get back to work. While there will still be some initial training your team will need to go through to get used to the new software, the amount of downtime is minimal compared to switching more traditional services. When you can get your cloud-based recruitment software running quickly, you can start making smarter hires – helping your team see results faster.
Cloud-based software is very easy to implement and sometimes it even downloads automatically.
8. Increase security and protection of sensitive information.Recruiters deal with sensitive information every day. From an employee’s personal details to payroll and compensation information, there is a lot of confidential content you wouldn’t want to fall into the wrong hands. When you’re working with on-premise software, it can be challenging – and costly – to properly protect this information. More traditional software typically doesn’t discriminate between users. If the wrong employee or individual logs on to the software, they can pull sensitive information on employees or job candidates. Cloud-based recruitment software, on the other hand, can provide you with additional security measures to ensure everything is properly protected. When using cloud-based recruitment software, your information will be encrypted – protecting you from hackers in a way traditional tools can’t.
9. Increased flexibility to fit your needs.When you purchase more traditional software or services, you’re given a one-size-fits-some approach. In an effort to appeal to as many individuals as possible, these tools give generic features that only sometimes fit your needs. Most of the time, however, they don’t quite hit the mark. Unfortunately, when you’re trying to fit your processes and needs around what you’re able to work with, your company (and processes) can feel the pain. You’re left paying for features you don’t need while longing for a bit more flexibility. Luckily, cloud-based recruitment software can provide you with the pliability you’re looking for. When you use a cloud-based recruitment software tool, you only need to pay for what you use. You can craft your plan or subscription to meet your team’s unique needs, allowing you to create a software plan that fits within your budget – and recruitment process – and that gives you the features you need to be successful.
10. Eco-FriendlyIt’s always important to take care of the environment. Maintaining an eco-friendly mission not only creates a sustainable work environment, but it can also attract (younger) talent looking to be a part of a work culture giving back. Switching to a cloud-based software solution can help you become more eco-friendly. In fact, 64% of companies said the cloud helped them to reduce waste and lower energy consumption. First, using the cloud can help eliminate the number of paper products you need. The cloud also helps you to reduce your impact on the environment because it uses less energy. With more traditional software services, they run constantly on-premise. Not only does this eat away energy, but it also requires you to run cool-down procedures to avoid overheating – eating away even more energy and money. Cloud-based systems can eliminate this need, making your business more energy-efficient.
Switching to cloud-based recruitment software helps your company become a little greener.